Saint Anthony Hospital has been caring for its neighbors for over a century.
Saint Anthony Hospital is an independent, nonprofit, faith-based, acute care community hospital dedicated to improving the health and wellness by providing medical care, social services, and community outreach to the families on the west and southwest side of Chicago.
- Rated City of Chicago’s “Best Value” Hospital by Amino Healthcare Transparency Company.
- Ranked #2 in the State of Illinois for Patient Safety by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- First hospital in Illinois and currently only hospital in Chicago awarded the Perinatal Care Certification by The Joint Commission, a validation of processes and protocols in place to deliver safe, quality care to moms and babies.
- Winner of the 2018 Illinois Health & Hospital Associate (IHA) Innovation Challenge: Partners in Progress Award for its innovation model that decreased infections by 90%, and 2019 IHA Innovation Challenge Award for a new program that reduces unnecessary antibiotic use and medical costs at SAH.
- Designated as a Children’s Hospital by the State of Illinois and the only remaining pediatric in-patient unit among the community hospitals in the area.
- Received a $1 million federal grant from the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) to expand counseling services in a high-need area of Chicago, including North and South Lawndale, Brighton Park, and New City (Back of the Yards and Canaryville).
- Saint Anthony also operates three neighborhood ambulatory clinics, four rehabilitation/physical therapy clinics and two community wellness centers.